SHIPPED LIVESTOCK ACCLIMATION & DOA POLICIES
Aquarists Across Canada (AAC) will guarantee that your shipped livestock will arrive alive and thrive.
- We offer a Death On Arrival (DOA) Guarantee.
- AAC offers beyond arrive alive, we guarantee your fish (inverts not included) will also thrive. As far as we know, no one else in the business matches this guarantee.
- We will not knowingly ship a fish that is unhealthy.
1) DOA Fish
1a) DOA Inverts (Snails, Shrimps etc)
2) Thrive Guarantee
3) Healthy Fish Only
Airline/Courior delays must be dealt with the airline.
If the package is damaged, please accept delivery, and note the damage on all copies of the air waybill, take picture. We (you and AAC) will work out the details and damages with the carrier.
Shipping costs cannot be refunded.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us anytime :)
· Empty Bucket
· Inverts: Clear specimen Container
· Inverts: Ammonia Neutralizer
ATTENTION RECEIVER ACCLIMATION PROCEDURE
Fish shipped is different than getting fish at your local fish store, here is why:
- Shipped fish have been in the bag much, much longer than picking up at your local store. The total ammonia (NH3 & NH4) levels in the bag can get quit high from fish breathing, but the CO2 produced by the fish lowers the waters ph. This converts the total ammonia (NH3 & NH4) to the non toxic form (NH4). Opening the bag releases the CO2 and causes the water PH to rise instantly. This converts the non toxic ammonia form (NH4) to the very toxic form (NH3). Thus we recommend getting the fish out of the opened bag ASAP as followings:
For Freshwater fish (not inverts):
- Inspect Fish while still in the bag. (may be double bagged, remove outer bag only to inspect better).
- Look closely at the fish If you see any mortalities take a picture with camera/phone while in the bag.
- Turn off Aquarium lights
- NOTE: Only float the closed bag 5-10 min in aquarium if water in the bag is very cold, otherwise skip this step and proceed. Fish become hyperactive and use more oxygen when exposed to bright light and warm up.
- Set a net over a bucket, cut bag open with scissors and immediately pour through the net into the bucket. Transfer netted fish directly into you tank. Do not pour the shipping water into your tank.
- If no net or spiny fish (Cat Fish) allow almost all water out the bag into bucket and pour fish direct from bag in to aquarium, a small amount of bag water in your aquarium is fine.
- If you want to perform a drip acclimation, you must use an ammonia remover/neutralizer in the bag upon opening. See back Side Inverts ****IF you have any DOAS see website instructions****
For freshwater Inverts:
- Inspect Inverts while still in the bag, look closely at the Inverts
- If you see any mortalities take a picture with camera/phone while in the bag.
- Turn off Aquarium lights
- NOTE: Only float the closed bag 5-10 min in aquarium if water in the bag is very cold, otherwise skip this step and proceed.
- Add appropriate dose of ammonia remover/neutralizer/detoxifier (for amount of water in the bag about 1 liter) into a specimen container. If you do not have ammonia remover check your water de-chlorinator, this may include it like Seachem's prime. If still no ammonia remover proceed without, inverts typically do not produce much ammonia we are being uber cautious.
- Cut bag open Invert bag and pour into a specimen
- Add 1/2 cup of your aquarium water every 5 min until shipping water is doubled.
- Carefully pour/remove 1/2 of the water from the specimen container.
- Repeat step 6 a second time.
- Set net over bucket
- Pour Inverts through net and transfer to your aquarium.