SHIPPED LIVESTOCK POLICIES
Aquarists Across Canada (AAC will guarantee that your shipped livestock will arrive alive and survive.
· We will never ship a fish that is unhealthy.
· In order for the guarantees to be valid, you must sign for the package within 4 hours of the package being ready for pick up.
· If there is a DOA, please email a photo of the animal in the bag before opening and a photo of the animal out of the bag to email@example.com
· DOA photos must be provided within 6 hours of package arrival. If we are closed when you send your photo, the time stamp on the email will be used.
· Qualifying mortalities will receive a store credit for the cost of the animal, not including shipping. No refunds, store credit only. Credits may be used anytime for anything.
Live Arrive & Survive Guarantee - Fish:
· AAC offers beyond arrive alive, we guarantee your fish (inverts not included) will also survive.
· In the event the fish does not survive 5 days, email us a 5 second video with the fish placed in a clear glass of water.
· Qualifying mortalities will receive a store credit for the cost of the animal, shipping excluded, as follow:
· A 100% credit will be issued for DOA fish mortalities.
· A 50% credit will be issued for fish mortalities from day 2 to 5.
· ICH - We will never ship a fish that is unhealthy, but on occasion a fish can harbour ICH with no symptoms. Shipping fish is stressful on them and if harbouring ICH an out break can happen, this is part of fish keeping. Special considerations for ICH prone fish like loaches and other scaless fish should be taken. Inspect these fish closely, in the bag and before placing in your tank. You should always be ready for an ICH outbreak, especially after a new fish purchase. ICH is not a mortality, and therefore not part of the guarantee.
Live Arrival Guarantee - Inverts:
· Due to the sensitivity of inverts, we guarantee that they will arrive alive in the bag upon delivery.
· Guarantee is void once the bag has been opened or invert(s) have been introduced to the aquarium.
· Acclimate you inverts slowly, see below.
Airline delays must be dealt with the airline.
If the package is damaged, please accept delivery, and note the damage on all copies of the air waybill. We will work out the details and damages with the carrier.
Shipping costs cannot be refunded.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us anytime :)
· Empty Bucket
· Inverts: Clear specimen Container
· Inverts: Ammonia Neutralizer
· Fish become more hyperactive and use more oxygen when exposed to more light and warm up.
· Shipped fish have been in the bag a lot longer than picking up at local store.
· The total ammonia (NH3 & NH4) levels in the bag can get quit high from fish breathing, however the CO2 produced lowers the waters ph converting the ammonias to a non toxic form (NH4). Opening the bag causes the water PH to rise, this converts the ammonias to the very toxic form (NH3), and because of this we recommend the following:
For freshwater fish:
1. Turn off Aquarium lights
2. Set net over bucket
3. Inspect Fish while still in the bag. (may be double bagged, take out off only to inspect).
3.1. Look closely at the fish
3.2. If you see any mortalities take a picture while in the bag.
4. Only if water in the bag is very cold float the bag for about 5-10 min in your aquarium, otherwise skip this step and proceed.
5. Cut bag open and pour through the net into the bucket.
6. Transfer netted fish directly into you tank.
6.1. Don not pour the shipping water into your tank
7. If you want to perform a drip acclimation, you must use an ammonia remover/neutralizer in the bag upon opening.
For freshwater Inverts:
1. Turn off Aquarium lights
2. Inspect Inverts while still in the bag.
2.1. Look closely at the Inverts
2.2. If you see any mortalities take a picture while in the bag.
3. Only if water in the bag is very cold float the bag for about 5-10 min in your aquarium, otherwise skip this step and proceed.
4. Add appropriate dose of ammonia remover/neutralizer/detoxifier (for amount of water in the bag) into the specimen container.
5. Cut bag open Invert bag and pour into a specimen container.
6. Add 1/2 cup of your aquarium water every 5 min until shipping water is doubled.
7. Carefully pour/remove 1/2 of the water now in the specimen container.
8. Repeat step 6 a second time.
9. Set net over bucket
10. Pour Inverts through net and transfer to your aquarium.